1. You agree to comply the following Terms & Conditions of The Red House Company di Caroline e Marco Malafante s.n.c (Italian VAT number 03992220271) and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party according to the Italian legislation (ex art. 1587 of the Civil Italian Code). Specifically, the moment you sign this contract and enter the property you are responsible for the flat and its contents and you have to observe the due diligence of “Bonus Pater Familias” in the use of the property.
2. You agree that it is absolutely forbidden to sublease the property or part of it to other people.
3. You agree to keep and leave the property and the furniture, kitchen equipment and any items in the flat in good condition and undamaged as you found them. Therefore, you agree neither to cause any damage to the walls, floor, doors, windows or furniture of the property especially coming in and out with the luggage nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or any other occupier of adjoining or neighborhood properties. No liability is accepted by you in respect of damage to or loss of such property except where the damage or loss is caused by your negligence.
4. You agree that “The Red House Company” can’t be considered responsible for any unculpable inefficiency in the utilities of the apartment.
5. HIGH TIDES – Any items left in the entrance on the ground floor are under your responsibility as they might get wet in case of high tides.
6. MAINTENANCE OR SECURITY – You agree to allow any representative of “The Red House Company” to access the property at any reasonable time, with previous warning, during your stay for the purpose of essential and/or urgent maintenance or security reasons.
You agree to notify us immediately of any problem occurred to the property.
7. SAFETY RULES – You agree for security reasons, always to close the shutters, the windows, the doors to the terraces if present, the apartment doors and the street door before leaving the house. You agree that we are not responsible for any items missing from your belongings during your stay in one of our apartments.
8. RESERVATION – You agree that the reservation is confirmed when the deposit/advance is confirmed with a receipt of payment. You agree that The Red House Company applies the rule “first come, first served “ and that the Red House Company do not accept balance in cash upon arrival.
9. CHECK IN – You agree to call us before getting on board the “vaporetto” or taxi or Bus Shuttle (Alilaguna) from the airport to inform us that you and your party have arrived in Venice and to confirm the estimated time of arrival to the nearest “Vaporetto” / taxi / Alilaguna stop. A member of the staff of the Red House Company will meet you at the “vaporetto” or Alilaguna/taxi stop nearest to the apartment you have rented and walk you to the apartment to show and explain all its facilities.
You agree that check-in of the apartment is normally from 15.00 until 20.00. Check-in is free of charge until 20.00. Between 20.00 and 22.00 there is an extra charge of €50 and between 22.00 and 24.00 there is an extra charge of €100,00. “The Red House Company” do not accept arrivals from 24.00 and 09.00.
“The Red House Company” organize one check-in per apartment rented. You agree that if you need more than one check-in for other members of your party the costs is €50,00.
You are aware that each guest that will stay overnight in the apartment has to show a valid identity document to the check-in agent in observance of the Italian legislation (art. 109 Regio Decreto 18.06.1931 Tulps)
10. CITY TAX – From the 24th of August 2011, the City Council has declared that any visitor has to pay a City Tax. “The Red House Company” hat to collect it on the behalf of the City Council. This tax will be applied to each visitor based on the category of the accommodation, the age and period of the stay. The total amount due has to be paid in cash upon arrival.
11. NEIGHBOURHOOD – Between 1pm and 3pm and from 11pm until 8am you agree that any loud noise in the house is not permitted.
12. GUESTS, PETS, SMOKING – You agree not to allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorized, nor to change the make-up of the party during your stay. By law, we must declare every guest that resides at our property to the Police.
Pets are not allowed.
Smoking indoors is not permitted.
You agree that if you breach any of the above rules The Company can ask you to leave the property immediately without any refund of the rent.
13. HOUSE KEYS – You agree that should you lose the apartment’s keys, €400,00 will be charged to change the safety lock.
14. WASTE AND RECYCLING – You agree to respect the refuse collection according to Venice City Council Regulation for recycling. You agree not to leave any rubbish in the stairs or in the common area of the building nor in the apartment except on Sunday and holiday.
15. CANCELLATION POLICY – You agree that if you decide to cancel your reservation, or part of it, you will be refunded as follows:
– 100% refund if the cancelation occurs 15 days before arrival
– 50% refund if the cancelation occurs between a two weeks and a week before arrival
– no refund if the cancellation occurs within a week from arrival
All bank costs involved will be charged upon you. The refund will be related only to what paid at the moment of the cancellation.
16. CHECK OUT – You agree to check out by 10.00am in order to allow the Company staff to prepare the house for the next Guests. Our staff is happy to try to accommodate check out time before 10.00 am to suit your travel arrangements if possible.
17. At check-out, you agree to leave the apartment in order, assembling all used linen on the beds and all items at its place; you agree to leave the Kitchen (also the fridge) clean and in order. Please note that check-out will take around 20 minutes.
18. Upon departure you agree to switch off the air conditioning/heating, leave the keys on the table (especially not on the inside patch door ).
Holding Guest signature
Venice, 01st February 2018